Thread: 2024 Endurace
View Single Post
Old 08-16-23, 02:48 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Liked 13,201 Times in 6,776 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
What size frames is everyone referring to when they complain about the terrible new geometry?

I look at the largest size every time and I just dont see anything that is terrible compared to the old bike.
Stack is about 10mm taller.
Reach is the same.
Wheelbase is the same.
Chainstay is the same.
BB drop is the same.
HTA is about the same.
STA is slightly steeper.

If you looked at the old Endurace and thought 'I could race that', then why is this new one anything different?
I am guessing geometry in some of the smaller sizes changed dramatically because this thread is full of some salty takes.
I confess to being somewhat mystified, since an article I read said that stack had increased by ~27mm and reach reduced by ~15mm. But when I compare the geometry tables for the CF7 (current model) vs the CF SLX 8, stack and reach are essentially the same.

Then, I just found another article that says that's compared to the Ultimate and Aeroad, so NO change in geometry. If that's the case, great! But still irrelevant to me, since I already HAVE an Endurace I'm very happy with.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles

Last edited by genejockey; 08-16-23 at 02:53 PM.