View Single Post
Old 08-22-23, 03:42 PM
Badbird2000

Bikes: Litespeed

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts
I was 14 and just getting into cycling as a small kid living in Florida when Lemond won his first tour. I was hooked. I only owned a Fuli steel frame i bought by mowing lawns, but in my head i was riding the tour every day, albeit the flat stages. I mean, it was Florida. Been a huge fan of his since 1986. When he won in 89, and then World Champion, i had his poster on my folder in high school. A few years later, i bought a Lemond Zurich... steel frame, but rode amazing. Had to sell it for money years later, wish i still had that bike. Fast forward, i moved to Knoxville in 2008, had stopped riding at that point. Bought a used Litespeed right before Covid hit and started riding heavy again. He started up a shop here in Knoxville, i stopped by late last year on a whim. While Greg wasn't there, one of the other guys took me through the office, he has a few of his bikes on display. It was soo cool. to see them. Also took me back where they are building his E Bikes. I hope to go back again and catch him at the shop. This 50 year old may squeal like a little girl....
Likes For Badbird2000: