Old 08-25-23, 12:24 PM
Velometry

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by pdlamb
My heart rate monitor died last week. Apparently I rode 23 miles without my heart beating -- how are the keto advocates going to top that?!

Ahem, back on topic. This HRM was 2-3 years old, and I had one to replace it at home. Wahoo head wouldn't work on either the old strap or one used once and then replaced with extra-long strap. I've had similar lifetimes with Garmin straps. Either one or two new batteries, and roughly one year intervals, and the unit dies. So I'm curious; is my experience typical, or do my HRM last significantly longer or shorter than yours?
I had a Wahoo HRM go bad on me I looked on YOU TUBE and found a guy that showed how to take it apart . Apparently there are springs inside that corrode from sweat. I used a bottle cap filled with evaporust and let it sit a few hours cleaned both springs reassembled and the HRM lasted two more years . I fact just bit the dust this June. Meanwhile I ordered a replacement from ebay sight. But the repair worked well. I would do it again in a heartbeat.....no pun intended LOL Good luck.