RossRoss

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by MikeWMass
Is this what you mean?

2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO with Thule Helium Pro 3 bike rack - Bing video
Yes, that's the old version of the rack but the function is the same. In that video the guy tilted the rack without bikes on it and said "the bikes will sit there nicely" but this is exactly what Thule is recommending not to do and I'm trying to imagine what the problem would be. I asked this question on etrailer dot com (sorry, I can't insert link because I don't have enough posts) but got this answer there
Since the Thule Helium Pro Bike Rack for 3 Bikes # TH9043PRO is a hanging-style back rack it's not recommended to tilt with bikes on it because you'd end up having the bikes touch the ground, each other, of the vehicle. Without a cradle to secure the wheels they can freely swing back and forth and this could cause damage to the bikes or vehicle. One tip I've learned here is to also pick up a Velcro strap from your local hardware store and secure the front wheel to the frame of the bike to help prevent it from wagging back and forth.
Well it would have been great if someone had demonstrated the problem with a video because what I'm imagining doesn't seem to be a big problem but I might be wrong. I think the last bike will touch the ground and will hold the rack leaning on it.