My Workshop = Happy Place

Bikes: Schwinns, and many others.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 225 Times in 56 Posts
Schwinn Paramount questions...

Hi folks,

I'm new here and need your help and advice on a fresh purchase. I DON'T have 10 posts yet but I will get there.

I'm excited because I scored a super deal on a Schwinn Paramount, yet it has some questionable pieces.

(Someone please check out the 'Schwinnn Paramount' album I created and post a few?)

I've been restoring a bunch of 70's Suburban's, Varsities, '53 Black Phantom and others. I love doing this (like you!).

(I also created an album with a few others I have restored.)

Paramount = eBay purchase. Noted vintage bike reseller from Philadelphia area. LOTS of great parts. Gave me a MUCH better deal than listed.

But... I can't find a serial number. I am guessing it's an 80's version. Love the frame sockets. Note the badge; It's certainly NOT original. Something was glued on under the round one. What was there? Could this be something other than a Schwinn?

Steering gooseneck looks janky, not original. Decals look original. Paint is worn.

I paid LESS than $500. No matter what it is, I am pleased. I will be fully disassembling and returning to fresh as best I can.

Experts, please advise? Tell me what you see and know. Hard facts = OK. Thank you.

Jim