View Single Post
Old 09-05-23, 10:45 AM
softreset

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 25 Posts
I did a 39.2 round-trip commute 3-days a week (when there wasn't rain in the forecast) and there were definitely a few stressful mornings. One morning, of course when I was slow out of the gate, I had a double puncture and foolishly forgot a 2nd cartridge, ultimately having to call an Uber and miss a critical meeting.

I gave myself 2 hours for the commute, so I didn't have to crush it and still had plenty of time to clean up on arrival. I would have commuted full time if I had convenient access to a shower. But changing into a suit that I also had to haul was a miserable (tried it a few times, hated it every time).

Ultimately I stopped commuting via bike, the route I took had 2 bike commuter fatalities in a span of about 6-months and it became a point of contention with my spouse at home over my safety. For the numbers critics, over a 5-year span of commuting 3x a week, there were 0 fatalities along my route that I drove and at least 8 (I believe 2 of those were pedestrians) along the bike route.
Likes For softreset: