View Single Post
Old 09-08-23, 09:14 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,048 Times in 739 Posts
Got a link to the bike?
I've got the Motobecane Uno which is a disc brake single speed, I'd suspect what you're looking at must be similar. If its really a fixed gear you should be able to swap a freewheel onto the fixed gear side, it won't engage as many threads on the freewheel but it shouldn't matter if you aren't a powerhouse. Personally I only put clipless pedals on mine when I'm racing, for the purpose of riding I much prefer platforms with pins and really hate cages; for those who are going to comment on yours being a potential fixie, I do toss a fixie wheel on the back to ride to and from the track for practices, leaving the front on for safe braking. I would not really recommend a fixie for a more recreational rider, if you're into tracklocross, fixed gear crits or track racing then it can be good practice to ride it with a front brake and gain the feel of what the bike is like and how you would pedal through or stop in certain situations, but otherwise a regular singlespeed is nice for riding. I just ordered carbon rims for mine and will get some colored spokes for it since while it is the cheapest bike I own, unless I'm doing a training ride, its the first bike I grab.
Likes For Russ Roth: