View Single Post
Old 09-09-23, 01:49 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10593 Post(s)
Liked 12,202 Times in 6,252 Posts
Originally Posted by rjones28
I've never had trouble with dogs on rides. There was a friendly pup once that wanted to follow me for a bit.
I haven't had any problems with dogs as an adult, but when I was a teenager riding the back roads of Adams County PA, there were lots of loose farm dogs which all seemed to be some variety of German Shepherd cross. They'd come running out after me barking up a storm, but I had no problem getting away from them. Except one time. I was on Quaker Valley road, grinding up the hill past Dively's in the lowest gear I had. I'd just about reached the crest of the hill when two dogs came ripping out of the yard, chasing me. I was pedaling like mad, but they were gaining on me! I almost panicked! Then I realized I was STILL in that lowest gear - a few *clunk*s later and I was speeding away from them, down the hill towards Bill Willson's orchard.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles