Old 09-09-23, 05:42 PM
bampilot06

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10303 Post(s)
Liked 5,277 Times in 2,257 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
Sorry if my post wasn't clear. I wasn't challenging your legitimate beef.

I was trying to give you a basis for a decision about the chainring. Specifically pointing out how to decide whether it was bad enough to replace for mechanical considerations, ie. rubbing or trimming, or purely from choice.
It’s relatively flat where I live. 60 mile ride equals about 2000 feet of elevation. The gears that I am most commonly in, I didn’t notice any rubbing. In the event of a hill, and using larger gears rubbing took place. Rubbing doesn’t bother me as much as the noise the chain was making. Shop has a 52T chain ring in stock so I’ll just swap it.

Only other issue. The barrallel adjuster was knocked out of the RD. It was to the side of RD when I got home after the crash. When I touched it, the tension on the cable snapped it back to where the threads are, but it doesn’t appear to be attached anymore. I tried to screw if in but appears broken. Cable tension is the only thing holding it in place. At the moment it’s shifting fine, so not really an a big deal. Don’t know if this will lead to problems down the road.