View Single Post
Old 09-12-23, 09:06 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5234 Post(s)
Liked 3,609 Times in 2,357 Posts
Originally Posted by bbbean
A note on goals. When I was 325 lbs, I thought if I could get to 275 I'd be happy, but once I really started seeing success on my plan, and the lifestyle changes (logging, daily exercise, portion control, etc) became more natural, I blew through 275 and set my target at 225. When I got to 225, I realized that getting to my recommended "normal" weight was not only achievable by simply keeping up my new healthier habits, but also that the benefits of being "normal" size were well worth the effort.

I haven't used Noom, so I can't speak to their timeline, but if you can make it to 196, I bet you can make it to 175. It'll just be a matter of sticking to the lifestyle changes that are already working for you.
thank you yes. but 175 is not my goal, nor is 136 lol

also I'm not using Noom, I was just looking at their tool, on their website

your weight loss sounds amazing! well done!

fwiw - I went thru a body transformation between 40 & 50 (64 now). during that time, I did a lot of work losing fat & building muscle, w/o a lot of weight loss (235? to 206?). but I was in the shape of my life. I think the lowest I got was 206. & I think that's about when a trainer told me to shoot for 196. so I'm kinda hanging on to that as my goal. if I ever get there, I'll get back to you about going lower ... ;-) thanks again for sharing

Last edited by rumrunn6; 09-12-23 at 09:10 AM.