Old 09-19-23, 06:46 PM
mech986 

Bikes: Italvega Super Speciales and Superlights

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 174 Posts
Originally Posted by Erzulis Boat
My number was 293. I picked it up the morning of the ride. Are the numbers pre-assigned or sequential on sign in?

If it's sequential as you sign in, then I would estimate 500 , but that seems high unless the lion's share did the lighthouse? We rode basically alone the entire ride. I did see a 500 something card at the swap now that I think about it.

Still had a great time! We are already planning our bikes for next year. We have done every ride except the first one.
Erzulis, see my post above, your estimate and recollection was pretty accurate!

IIRC, I think the numbers were assigned because when we got packets in the past, they were pre-packed with rider numbers, route stop stamp card, twine, and some written info, and handed directly to us, only swag was given out separately. That would also explain why I had a low number #180 in 2022 and #136 this year which Robert Volz used in my absence, I registered as early as possible both times. OTOH, Robert used my number and his wife got #135 so maybe he got to registration early and they both got sequential numbers? That would explain that occurrence.
🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

2022 Eroica California event, my jersey and numbers

2019 Eroica California Jersey number and finish line Linn’s preserves, yum!

In the past when there were on site signups, they did have late numbers to give out. IIRC, Chuck Schmidt came up in 2018 and signed in and he either had a number in the 990’s or a hand written number over 1000!

2018 Eroica California morning start - Chuck Schmidt and his early 30’s bike, freewheel blew up though.

Charles Andrews and wife, tandem

Me, BIL Ben Ngan, friend at Cass Winery

Some of the Pasadena VeloRetro crew

Post ride BBQ at the Paso Robles Fairgrounds, the BBQ was tasty!

Olea Farms Olive Oil Fries, sourdough bread

Betcha can’t eat just one (serving)!

Last edited by mech986; 09-19-23 at 06:55 PM.