Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6330 Post(s)
Liked 4,922 Times in 3,388 Posts
Originally Posted by TakingMyTime
My last BIG crash sent me over the handlebars and landing flat on my back. If my phone was in my jersey pocket it would have been destroyed (not to mention my ribs). I've always kept mine in my saddle bag. I really don't worry about missing calls or texts and my Garmin head unit will alert me and I can determine if it's necessary to pull over and answer it or not.
You can imagine that, but you don't know. And do you think every crash is going to have you landing on your back and particularly the small of your back with enough force to break your phone? Seems more likely your butt or shoulders will bear the brunt of that. So you seem to be posing a very slight risk and using that as justification to to simply disagree.

I've have had my phones screen get shattered while doing other activities and it was unreadable. However using the voice control, I was still able to make calls and contact those I needed. If I ever do land on my back in a bike crash then if the phone is damaged, I still imagine it will be usable.

I'm okay with you keeping your phone where you want. You don't have to justify it by trying to poke holes in my justification.
Likes For Iride01: