View Single Post
Old 10-05-23, 06:32 AM
RB1-luvr
I don't know.

Bikes: '90 B'stone RB-1, '92 B'stone RB-2, '89 SuperGo Access Comp, '03 Access 69er, '23 Trek 520, '14 Ritchey Road Logic, '09 Kestrel Evoke, '08 Windsor Tourist, '17 Surly Wednesday, '89 Centurion Accordo, '15 CruX, '17 Ridley X-Night, '89 Marinoni

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked 888 Times in 462 Posts
Originally Posted by mcours2006
Easy enough to see drivers actually on their phones as I roll up beside them on the bike lane at a stop light. I've seen plenty of these on my daily commute. They are literally holding the phone in their hands, either while stopped, or while rolling up to a stop. An action that is illegal in my parts and subject to a fine of $800 and 3 demerit points. I don't know how many of those drivers hold on to their phones while traffic begins to move, but it's not a stretch to think that a few of them will want to finish their texting before putting the phone down, even while moving.
I see so much of this recently while riding, it's sickening. And while driving I'm stuck behind more and more cars that don't go when the light turns green. I can see them looking down at their lap in their side view mirror. I'll never understand being addicted to a phone like this. There's enjoyment to be had just sitting at a light, looking around at homes, businesses, nature, people, cars, you never know what you'll see. Seems so much better than whatever bs is going on in a phone, not to mention so much safer.

sorry for the old man rant.
Likes For RB1-luvr: