View Single Post
Old 10-07-23, 05:16 AM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 892 Post(s)
Liked 2,325 Times in 1,301 Posts
Originally Posted by terrymorse
I had a hip fracture (not a replacement). These take longer than hip replacements to heal.

The doctor told me 12 weeks before I could walk and ride again.

I was on a trainer at 5 weeks, riding on the road at 8 weeks.

It probably took me 2 months or so after that to regain the strength. A few days per week in the weight room, and lots of riding every day.

If you have access to a trainer, I recommend you give it a try. Let pain be your guide.
I know it’s been a couple of years or so but how are you doing? I broke my hip 5 weeks ago . The surgeon put 3 screws in there to hold it together while it grows back together . I did the typical neck area on the femur below the ball. I’ve been with a cane since the first week , they gave me a walker but that only lasted a couple of days. My follow up showed that everything is holding wel . I am still having some pain but I’m able to work a bit . I’m trying to get into PT but the soonest they can take me is the end of the month. I want to be on my bike before the end of the year as long as I can handle the pain. This is one heck of a painful experience that I wouldn’t wish on anyone.