Old 10-08-23, 02:08 PM
Metieval

Bikes: Road bike, Hybrid, Gravel, Drop bar SS, hard tail MTB

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 214 Posts
Originally Posted by sysrq
Previously used Schwalbe Supreme 37c, now using Continental Contact Urban with supposedly slightly lower rolling resistance and slightly better wet grip. Foldable Supremes seem to be thinner than Contact Urban so that might explain the difference in vibration damping. Wired Contact Urban seem to have softer thicker type of rubber.
I had a drop bar bike that chattered hard. I put 38c protite paselas on it, and it took the edge off. I then put those tires on a steel framed 1991 Schwinn crosscut with the GPS or GPS grips on it and it was like riding on glass.

Play with your air pressure, the window is much larger than most people think. the High pressure is better myth was a huge mental hurdle for me to get over. We don't ride on a velodrome, we ride in the real world. If you go to low you risk pinch flat, if your tubed, burping if you're tubless. Too low can feel draggy on pavement. Just play with it, and you might be surprised arms the difference it makes.

I have found in my experience that removing the chatter, = faster ride.
Of course in the middle of that is the perceived feel while riding. Which isn't always an accurate representation. I don't care how slow I am as long as I feel fast though. Haha 😄