Old 10-08-23, 05:14 PM
PeteHski

Liked 5,868 Times in 3,620 Posts
Originally Posted by Metieval
What you are getting at, your ability to take stuff out of context.
My closing argument on the hammers , was use the correct tool for the job. The ratchet was , I thought , obvious example of the wrong tool. Yes it can smash stuff, but use the correct tool!

Yet you ignored the closing argument, I'll assume intentionally.

Intentionally because you also missed the point about gears. Completely glossed over it. maybe it was a mistake on your part, was you was in a hurry reading my post. *shrugs*

Which is, if you sacrifice durability, reliability, stability, is it really that much better?

I'm all for innovation and improvements, but not at the expense I mentioned. I had never broken a chain until I had sram 12s.

So reliability, usability, dependability is what defines better for me. You can define your version of "better" however you wish. But skipping my points doesn't make you better, it makes your rebuttal based on dishonesty.
Your personal experience of 12 speed does not align with mine. It sounds like you had an unfortunate experience in breaking a 12 speed chain. But that doesn’t mean that 12 speed chains are inherently worse than 9,10 or 11 speed chains. My 1x12 SRAM X01 mtb drivetrain has been totally flawless. So has my 2x12 SRAM Force AXS drivetrain on my road bike. What I have noticed about SRAM 12 speed chains is that they wear less than any other chains I’ve previously used.