View Single Post
Old 10-13-23, 10:20 AM
jonathanf2

Liked 1,143 Times in 483 Posts
Originally Posted by 88ss
Those GP 4-seasons are no cheap date either, but I am sure they are more practical and more sturdy than the gp5000s. I don't know if I will ever buy another set of gp5000s, I was just curious to ride on a pair of them so it is out of my system, now I am looking into what other tires may have to offer. I have one standard 25mm wide Gatorskin here and I am surprised at how light it is, and they have an excellent reputation, and also can be had at a lower price than the gp5000. I suspect that there are many tires out there that would be fun to try out and also as satisfying to ride on as the gp5000.
I was able to buy my pair for about $55, it was return inventory but unused. They ride really nice and fast. Though I only ride these tires on nice streets and avoid riding them on the rougher urban roads. Plus I rotate my 3 bikes (2 road, 1 gravel) just to minimize wear-n-tear. My other road bike rides on GravelKing 26c slicks. That bike is running 21mm internal width rims, so the GK slicks actually come out closer to 28c when inflated. I like it because I get a wider tire profile without the added weight.
Likes For jonathanf2: