View Single Post
Old 10-16-23, 09:42 PM
Rick

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Liked 417 Times in 286 Posts
You know, I just thought I'd mention these beauties. Unlike what some of you are calling 'Daytime Running Lights' which is really just 'Headlights on in the Daytime', these things really are 'running lights'. They can be seen very well from the front and a little to the rear, but they are made to protect the very vulnerable side quarter. I've been running a pair on our tandem that we commute on starting at zero dark thirty most weekday mornings. Tandems are impossible to dance out of the way of a left turning cager cutting the line too fine trying to beat the rush to Dutch Bros. Coffee. I wonder why I don't see more (any) of them out here. They are hellishly bright and have at least two strobe speeds, plus steady. My plan was to run two pairs, one pair on the front fork legs and a second pair 1/2way down the tandem because the sleep deprived might not see its one very long bike. I haven't bothered. One pair is more than enough. I'll use the second pair on Big Red. Just because. Recommended
Some of the daylight flashers don't have much visibility of of center. Dinotte says the quad red has 320° of visibility.

Here is my light setup on my rack. I have a German light on the rack and a Tubus fender bracket upside down attached to the rack with a Nitto product mounted to the fender accessory bracket. Nitto makes that light mount tube with two different size screws coming out of it. The 5mm one works in the Tubus bracket unless you like drilling the bracket.