Old 10-17-23, 06:47 AM
88ss

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked 118 Times in 55 Posts
Another advantage of the simple single-speed bike is it's simplicity. I am not talking about the reliability, but the simplicity of operation. Kids generally grow up with single-speed bicycles, not to mention the BMX that has a huge following. So one of the things I was looking for in single-speed riding was a return to the simplicity of youth. If you think about a coaster-braked bicycle then you are talking about a cycle with only two controls, the pedals for power and braking, and the bars for steering. I have seen a lot of cyclists who are young or not experienced riding around on multi-speed bikes and not using any of the gears properly on the flat or going up hills. If you have a single speed, fixie or otherwise that is geared to work well on the hills in your area, and you are not worried about setting any speed records and just traveling at your own relaxed pace, a single-speed bike could give a unique and simple cycling experience. Also nothing is more pure in looks than a single-speed coaster-braked bicycle without all the gearing, cables, derailleurs and brakes hanging on it.
Likes For 88ss: