View Single Post
Old 10-17-23, 12:36 PM
capnjonny 

Bikes: Miyata 610(66cm), GT Vantara Hybrid (64cm), Nishiki International (64cm), Peugeot rat rod (62 cm), Trek 800 Burning Man helicopter bike, Bob Jackson frame (to be restored?) plus a never ending stream of neglected waifs from the Bike exchange.

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked 642 Times in 234 Posts
While browsing the bike smorgasboard at the Bike Exchange last week I came upon a couple of Diamond back Accents, one yellow and this one a beutiful blue/green. I was told that neither was "good" enough to fix up and sell but I just couldn't let the blue/green one go without playing with it. It is going to be donated out and I thought "someone is going to get a REALLY nice custom bike when I'm done".

My work consisted mostly of cleaning and putting new tires and cables on it. I looked at the tires we had on hand and decided on these cruiser white walls. I also changed out the blue bars for aluminum ones with an inch more rise than stock and swapped the black cables for white. I noticed that although the bike had a 7 speed index shifter, someone had installed a 6 speed freewheel so that was replacd with a 7 speed hyperglide clone. I think old rigid frame mtn bikes like this make great city cruisers and utility bikes. Hopefully the person that gets this one will cherish it.

One feature somewhat unique are the braze on's on the front forks for a rack . This would make this bike able to mount front paniers as well as a rear rack.

Last edited by capnjonny; 10-17-23 at 12:40 PM.
Likes For capnjonny: