Thread: trigger finger
View Single Post
Old 10-17-23, 01:52 PM
Chancy

Bikes: S&S Santana Beyond & S&S Santana Arriva. Trek Domane 3.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts
Sean.hwy,
My experience with trigger finger started with occasional bout and mild symptoms. Early on it wasn't painful per se, just noticeable. Then it graduated over several years to all the time and it triggers more pronounced with some pain. I had one finger on each hand surgically fixed (while having carpal tunnel repair) 2-3 years ago. The surgery fix has lasted so far. Since then I've had other fingers injected with steroid and that lasts 6 months or so, for me. My symptoms act the same as yours, worse upon waking and better after a few hours, but definitely still there. Hand surgeons, or in rare cases Internists can treat this. Time off the bike didn't help me. I spent 3 weeks in europe (this past summer) without riding or doing any exercise, except a lot of walking, and my trigger finger(s) were no better. I am going to have knee replacement soon and I will probably get the doc to inject two more fingers so I won't have to deal with that also, it's time. The injections have given me relief in just a day or so.
Good luck with yours.
Tailwinds,
Charlie
Likes For Chancy: