View Single Post
Old 10-18-23, 11:54 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Liked 7,731 Times in 4,298 Posts
Originally Posted by YK_
Price-wise, a Ritchey to a Rock Lobster is a 19% increase, a Surly to a Ritchey is a 130% increase. Ritchey's pricing is a LOT closer to bespoke frames than Surly's is to Ritchey. My original comment wasn't addressed to you, but given your ~5x/day posts here for the last nine years, I can tell this place means a lot to you, so I'll just concede to any future comments with a "you're right man"
Rock Lobster has infamously not increased prices in the last couple years. The custom brand chosen is a clear outlier when it comes to cost. And last I saw, forks werent included in the frame cost- that was just the cost of the frame. So add $500 for a Whisky/Ritchey/Enve fork. Is that no longer the case and forks are now included in the cost?

Either way, Rock Lobster is so clearly an outlier on price that this is not discussing your gripe in good faith.

Custom MUSA framesets are really more in the $2600-4000 range, depending on the builder. The mean and median are both probably $3200 right now- for a frame and fork that is painted 1 color.