View Single Post
Old 10-19-23, 07:14 AM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,048 Times in 739 Posts
Originally Posted by icemilkcoffee
Just get a some Allen wrenches or a pedal wrench and put it back on yourself. Pedal installation is not something you need to go to the bike shop for.
Would disagree when dealing with someone who can't do their own mechanic work in a situation like this. It should be brought to a shop to investigate the threads first. Might need a tap run through from the back of the crank to clean up the first couple threads or it risks ruining the crank by treading in a pedal imperfectly through damaged threads. I've seen this happen when people screw up.

Originally Posted by Yan
As the saying goes, you get what you're willing to pay for. Next time don't cheap out.
Should have gone with Super Record? What's the cheap out? He paid a LBS to professionally assemble the bike, there's nothing cheaping out about that, would have been the wise and proper move to make if he doesn't trust himself to do the job properly.

OP, never seen it happen without improper assembly. Like others I've seen plenty of pedal failures, even snapped an XT spindle earlier this year resulting in a pedal failure, but if reasonably torqued I've never seen a new pedal just fall out. It was a screw up on the shop's part.