Banned

Bikes: I have 3 singlespeed/fixed gear bikes

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4227 Post(s)
Liked 2,489 Times in 1,286 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
What the correct macro balance should actually be is highly contentious

Macronutrient balance shouldn't be a contentious topic, because there is no one size fits all magic number for every person out there. Macronutrient balance is something that is highly variable and depends on an individual and their lifestyle, genetics and other things....I said this before and I will say this again that I eat intuitively. Some days I eat more protein some days less, some days I eat more carbs some days less, some days I eat more fat some days less and it all seems to balance itself perfectly in the long run. I listen to my body and don't follow any apps. The biggest problem with some people is that they want everything so rigid and so structured that it goes against human biology and how we evolved for the past 100 000 years....Just look at human evolutionary history from the last few thousand years and it's very obvious that we as human race can survive and thrive on a very wide range of foods and macronutrient amounts...It's pretty obvious that some people do very well on high carb diets, while others do very well on low carb diets, while others seem to do fine on extreme diets such as keto... Do you really believe that we as humans absolutely need to eat the same amount of protein, carbs and fats each and every day for 365 days per year or else we will all die ??. I don't think so....Nutrition is very simple, just listen to your body, as long as you're healthy, as long as you're maintaining healthy weight, as long as you have energy to perform whatever it is you're doing, then that's all that matters. The actual numbers are irrelevant and unimportant.