Old 10-30-23, 10:03 PM
13ollocks

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked 211 Times in 126 Posts
On a group ride a couple of years ago - double pace line, a truck buzzes us very close, horn blaring and the passenger giving us the finger as it passed etc. I was on the inside line, so the guy to my left caught the close shave. My Cycliq 6 bought the action. However, in my state, only rear tags, so my rear-facing camera didn't catch the plate. However, the rider beside me had the presence of mind to yell out the tag# after the truck passed him - the camera sound picked it up (it wasn't planned - he was simply yelling out the number to help him remember it). I sent the footage and the tag# to the local sheriff's dept, a deputy went to the guy's house, showed him the film and gave him a warning - best I can hope for, I suppose, but at least law enforcement followed up and got back to me. The driver was an 85-year-old who objected in principle to sharing the road with cyclists. I guess the only consolation is that the old goat will likely be dead soon - old MF-er can yell at us from the clouds

Last edited by 13ollocks; 10-31-23 at 06:19 PM. Reason: changed "on my left" to "on my right" - correction