View Single Post
Old 11-01-23, 01:05 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2533 Post(s)
Liked 768 Times in 537 Posts
Actually, from my reference, 8 - 10mph is where loafing along ends. 12mph is significant effort. 14mph is, if not 'hammering', still QUITE effective at raising a sweat, and my 'rain' poncho in DRY weather will be coated on the inside with moisture after about 15 minutes of activity. That isn't a whole lot different from my rain jacket. I don't think J&G is making any new rain capes but they (last I knew) still have a backlog of unsold merchandise that is on their website. At ~$45 they are a reasonable way to proof of concept the idea of rain cape commuting. The Carradice/Cleverhood offerings IMO are for people who are not asking how practical caping is. They KNOW that that's how they want to do it and are comfortable with the idea of spending close to $300 for a quality product. Truth be told, I only bought the Cleverhood Rover ($99) because I could get it in Black. The J&G is all the poncho anyone needs. It is a phenomenal value. As it should be. How much is fair for a big circle of nylon anyway?