Old 11-08-23, 11:57 AM
riceowls

Bikes: Trek FX 7.2, Diamondback Century 2, Trek T2000 tandem, K2 Enemy cyclocross, Bike Friday tandem

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Ok - here is a current plan - need feedback. Staying in Catalina Vista and Palo Verde area. Will have 4 days of riding Sat-Tuesday.
Here are my plan (40-55miles/day):
Day 1 - Mt Lemon to 6-7k (is there a good turn-back spot that is not too anticlimatic?). Is Sat a good day to go?
Day 2 - Sabino canyon +??? (should I pair it with Sabono loop or smth else?)
Day 3: The loop - explore the city. What are the good detours/stops? [this is going to be Monday - I assume less foot-traffic]
Day 4: Sabino Canyon (if not done on day 2) + Colossal Cave OR (if sabino is done) perhaps somewhere to the north (e.g. Oro Valley)

For Sabino Canyon -cycling is allowed 9 a.m. and after 5 p.m., on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Does it mean I have to start the ride before 9 am or exit the park on a bike by then? I think I can get to the entrance by 9am but rushing to get out is a bit silly. What is the contingency plan if we are in the middle of the park at 9 am?
Aside from Mt. Lemon - which rides will not have any way to get water on the way?