Old 11-09-23, 12:33 PM
Erzulis Boat 
Le Crocodile

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked 793 Times in 312 Posts
Colnago Super paint choice

This is what I am thinking color-wise. When I was maybe 12 or so, there was some hole-in-the-wall bike shop called "Dave's Quality Bicycles" he had a thick Irish accent to go along with the BS he would peddle free of charge, anything material would cost you, naturally. He was a Lotus dealer, and he had an ice blue one with ultra short reach brakes, and the skinniest (fastest obviously) tires known to man. It was a stunner to say the least.

Ever since then, an ice blue bike has haunted my visions, but I never found the candidate. I think my 76/77 Super is the one for the ice blue. I got this frameset from Swimmermike here on BF so thanks there.

Not sure on lettering, black with yellow border, or are there some more options?

Note- I just painted some sections to get a feel for the color, I don't want it any lighter, but could go a millionth of inch darker. In direct sunlight, it looks like it's silver with the faintest of blue hues.

It goes to Franklin Frames Monday, so hopefully within a few months it's ready to be built up.