Old 11-13-23, 02:09 PM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1838 Post(s)
Liked 1,714 Times in 977 Posts
I have a RedShift stem. Several of them actually. They really do work as advertised. I have noticed that when you install it, you need to compensate for the "sag" in relation to your rigidly mounted bars. A 5mm spacer under the RedShift to elevate the bars a smidgeon and rotate the handlebars up a few degrees to compensate for the elastomeren squish. The end goal is to achieve an in-use position that is equivalent to your rigid stem.

A RedShift stem is a no-brainer for rough terrain or jarring rides.

There is a lot of truth to the big poofy tire suggestions mentioned in this thread, too. I'm of the opinion that Marathons are garden hose, one step better than Gatorskins. No pressure is ever going to ride "nice" with those tires. If your rims will support it, tubeless tires in the softest sidewall you can afford as big as will fit in your bike are worth serious consideration. Not just from a comfort perspective but from a better rolling resistance (faster) as well.

Car dependency is a tax.
Likes For base2: