View Single Post
Old 11-13-23, 03:49 PM
Trakhak

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2655 Post(s)
Liked 3,216 Times in 1,835 Posts
Please tell us your age. 72

1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride? I ride a 1995 Cannondale hybrid with fenders, a front rack, panniers, and aero bars for both shopping and training. Also ride a fixed-gear Specialized Langster (aluminum frame, aluminum fork, bullhorn bars with aero bars clamped to it). Those two for about 80% of my riding; I also ride an aluminum 10-speed Ultegra aluminum Motobecane road bike with aero bars and an aluminum Felt time trial bike, very occasionally.

2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older? No. Every once in a great while, if I've breathed in a lot of dust or have been around cats, I might have to take a fit from an asthma inhaler, but that's it.

3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any? (FYI, as a retired editor, I'll point out that the quotation marks used in this question are superfluous.) I'm sure I have, but I'm still using the same ratio on my current fixed gear bike (48/18) as on my first track bike, in 1963 (51/19). Still pretty fast, but I don't monitor my speed.

4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life? The bike mentioned above was preceded by a Raleigh Blue Streak 10-speed bike. Before that, a Western Auto paperboy-style bike, at age 8 or so.

5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides. No touring. Mostly 3-to-4-hour training rides, 5 or 6 or 7 days a week. So usually around 16 to 24 or so hours per week. (Retired.)

6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage? See above. Mileage? Don't keep track of it, since the bikes I ride differ so greatly. I like to know how many hours I've done each day (see above), but I don't bother keeping track of cumulative data.

Last edited by Trakhak; 11-13-23 at 03:53 PM.