View Single Post
Old 11-15-23, 10:25 AM
CadenceBoy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Brocephus
Hey guys, new (old) Escape 1 owner here.
Anyway, I've often had bad luck with house-brand wheels and spokes, and in cases like this.
typically hunt down something not too expensive that at least has Shimano hubs,and DT spokes, but now that I've battled my way down to under 180 lbs, I'm thinking (and have been advised) that the stock wheels should be fine for at least a few years. ( so any commentary on the Giant-branded stock wheels from other Escape owners is welcome).
Also, I messaged recently with another member here, who used to work in a bike shop, and said that the Escapes came back with various problems,more than any other budget bike. Again,any experienced-based commentary on that is welcome,and appreciated. I've got a set of bike tools and have done most of my own wrenching for years, and have some spare parts, so I can handle many of the typical issues, but I'd like to hear from fellow Escape owners.
thanks........
I KNOW I'm REALLY late but:
Got a 2010 Escape, bought second hand about 10yrs ago, no issues with the wheels at 165 lb never had them trued, ride it ~5x /week (city)
Great bike overall, except really heavy bits added to it, changed seatpost, tires, handlebar and stem, crankset (to 1x) .... and offcourse all contact points.

Last edited by CadenceBoy; 11-15-23 at 02:45 PM.
Likes For CadenceBoy: