Old 11-18-23, 12:32 AM
bvz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc_Wui
It's a good idea just in case both the battery and charger fail at the same time, which is unlikely, but sure seems to be common in New York City.

I try to never leave my batteries charge overnight, and have gotten put of bed a few times to go unplug them.
I actually found this. I am going to do the same thing myself.

[Edit: I am not allowed to post url's yet - which I get. Makes sense for new users.]

What I had found was a blog post by a guy who made his own timer (sort of - he repurposed a higher quality wall timer, the kind you find in a bathroom to control a bathroom fan for example). His blog is titled "Tales on Two Wheels" and the blog post is titled "Ebike Battery Charge Safety: Heavy Duty Cutoff Timer". It is not that hard (I have rewired my house so I am comfortable with basic electrical work like this) and it feels like a very solid solution that should add safety and life to my battery.

He also has another post where he figures out exactly how long to set his timer for based on how many volts are reading from his battery. I am going to have to read that one a few times because the first time through it went over my head. But it seems like a useful skill to have.