View Single Post
Old 11-19-23, 05:09 PM
SpeedofLite 

Bikes: Litespeed (9); Slingshot (9); Specialized (3); Kestrel (2); Cervelo (1); FELT (1); Trek (2)

Liked 3,632 Times in 1,033 Posts
Originally Posted by ridelikeaturtle
There was no model name anywhere. I didn't search very hard for an old Motobecane catalogue, that might show up something. "steel-vintage dot com" has exactly this same bike, same color, right down to the same stamped number on the bottom bracket shell (obviously not a serial number), and they said it was 1979, so I'd believe that.

Also correct on the fork replacement at some time in it's life, I suspected that too, since this one appears to have maybe once been painted red on the upper 3/4ers of it, with the exposed chrome on the lower fork legs more pitted.

The tubing is 2040, which I know nothing about, but according to another post here on bikeforums, is just one step above gaspipe. Well, this bike is never going to be light, so might as well be compliant.
Ha! Talk about timing. I saved this Motobecane ad from the Nov 1978 issue of Bicycling I used last week for a "45 Years Ago in November..." post.
You tell your bike she looks even more beautiful now than she did in 1978!

WTB: Bike World issue Jun 1974.

Likes For SpeedofLite: