View Single Post
Old 11-25-23, 05:27 PM
LeeG

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick
I believe you can have both puncture resistant and decent performance. I ride on the rode and have been using the Schwalbe Marathon Supreme tires for nearly 10 years. I have had 2 punctures with them, one through the tread and one a defective tube. They have stopped manufacturing the Marathon Supreme. I have one new set left and will then need to find a replacement that hopefully works as well. I like Continental and Schwalbe tires and always use tubes that are the largest that fit the tire.
Supremes were also my favorite. I bought two 20”x 1.6” for a Bike Friday and was disappointed to discover a warp in the casing that made one totally unacceptable and one tolerable. The 26” and 700c were perfect. But when the tire pressure was a bit low the combo of the narrow flexible sidewall and stiffer puncture layer made for an odd squirm in turns. One of those tires that pulled off good puncture resistance with good rolling. Panaracer protec TServs made a good front tire with the Supreme in the back.