Old 12-01-23, 03:18 PM
Catnap 

Bikes: Zunow, 3Rensho, Look KG196

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked 487 Times in 197 Posts
Originally Posted by chain_whipped
Much respect for all your builds and I get it where your vision seeks for this one, but...Kageyama certainly was maximizing embellishments with Aerospoke's yet slugged the brilliant frame. His 'genius' ideology just wasn't on this one. Harsh, heavy 1274g front / 1440g rear, disrupted handling in crosswinds, drag climbing, annoying whoosh noise. The singled speed / fixed kids got hooked on them. Lol And yes, you're not pulling any stops on that build and will be fun to see it finished.
I've never ridden Aerospokes before and this build gave me the excuse to try them out. I know they are pretty universally panned outside of the fixed-gear community, but hey, there are a lot of other vintage components with dubious value. Aerospokes just happen to be more well-known thanks to their resurgence in popularity a decade ago. I've owned both vintage Spin and Specialized carbon tri-spokes in the past, as well as modern Chinese carbon tri-spokes, and didn't like the ride on any of them. Maybe I'll hate the Aerospokes, too, but I'll have fun in the process.

Originally Posted by iab
Excellent description. But I'd still like to se before/after/progress pics.
I promise there will be a very detailed article with lots of photos when it's done! And maybe some in-progress updates on the forum, as well.