Old 12-03-23, 11:00 PM
cycledog1

Liked 44 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by joejack951
There are two slippage issues that have been brought to my attention over the years (amongst hundreds of problem free installs FWIW):

1. slippage of the innicycle quill within the threaded steerer tube: A few customers have mentioned either needing to use additional torque (15 ft.*lbs. or so, versus the 15 N*m stated in the install video) on the top cap or carbon paste on the quill to have it locked to their satisfaction. I've also made some small changes recently to the cone to aid in its ability to expand the quill for a tighter lock. I expect this issue to be resolved with that change, as rare it was to hear about it.

2. slippage of the threadless stem on the innicycle steerer tube: This one is brand new to me as of cycledog1 mentioning it. Just browsing Amazon, there are a LOT of threadless adapters out there with the majority having no texture, and most of those having a bright, nearly-polished finish as well. A few have some texture and notably Nitto makes an adapter with a knurled finish. I also have a bunch of forks in my office in steel, aluminum, and carbon, and only one of those has anything nearing what I would consider texture (a Trek Domane fork). I'm still willing to accept that the finish on the innicycle is causing the slippage he's seeing, but then I'd also bet that a different stem wouldn't have that issue either.

problem solved - the issue DID turn out to be slippage of the innicycle quill within the threaded steerer tube. I was sure it was as tight as could be reasonalby expected, but there was more to be done and THAT WAS the slippage afterall, not the stem. big relief.
Likes For cycledog1: