qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Skinny, gray der cable housing for 70’s Schwinn

Oh learned elders of immense C&V Bicycle knowledge,

After many years away from building up a fresh C&V bicycle (or even riding since a year past, on Thanksgiving Day,) I have begun a 1971 Schwinn Super Sport, errand and around the village project.

It’s the cool lemon frame set that I managed to snag here in the “For Sale” sub-forum a few years back. Yep, I’m truly running way behind due to some life stuff and other boring issues.

Pretty much everything is on my work bench, having been bought, cleaned, polished and reassembled already. Not a matching date code and extreme detail restoration as many of you turn out so nicely. Just correct parts and as much original period, and from Super Sports as possible.

Tires are the Kenda repops of the old Puffs that Schwinn shops carried, and I fondly remember pedaling away many happy miles upon. Saddle is an NOS/NIB Brooks B-17 Standard, in black. The ders. are going to both be Suntours, did manage to find an original freewheel cogset from an SS though. Kept the two plateau chain ring Ashtabula crank and rings arrangement, just 1973 AS coded. Brakes will be Weinemann / Dia-Compe mixes, center pulls as speced.

Almost finished with fresh yellow painting, then a coat of clear enamel, followed by a complete set of correct decals.

Last item I am trying to find is the old school skinny, Schwinn/Weinemann derailleur shift housing. Any leads or suggestions on a source would be appreciated. Not looking for handouts or deals, just some info on where to get this specific housing. I have the correct inner cables with the tiny Twin-stik shifter correct ends, and complete cables and housings for the brakes.

Any input, leads, links, maps, biblical citations, etc will be looked upon with much admiration and thanks.

Oh, hi and hello to one and all, hope this didn’t waste too much band width or your time.

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13

Likes For qcpmsame: