View Single Post
Old 12-06-23, 12:31 PM
J_Climacus 

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 29 Posts
Listing a few frames that I'm not using at the moment.

First up: I have what was sold to me as a 55.5cm 1976 De Rosa frameset. I say "what was sold to me as" because I have not done research to verify the date myself yet and I didn't see any serial numbers to make identification a closed case. The seller is very knowledgeable and reputable so I have no reason to doubt him. Happy to share more details privately to back up the seller's legitimacy (just don't want to out him on a public post). It was repainted in Italy and they did a good job. There is a paint blemish on the inside of the chainstay. No dents. Comes with a campy headset and bottom bracket. I have to verify this but I think the dropout spacing was 124mm? I don't know why that number sticks out in my head though so I really do need to verify it - I haven't spent a ton of time with this frame yet.

I'd really like to trade this for a 70s or earlier De Rosa in a bit larger of a size - 58-62cm, with 60/61 being the sweet spot. I'm also open to trades for similar caliber Italian or French bikes from the 70s or earlier, or high-quality steel frames from noteworthy American builders of any era (paging Bruce Gordon ). Could be open to other stuff as well, but those are currently my main interest areas. Particular interest in French constructeur bikes of any size, but for the very nice French bikes, I have some things to offer of a higher caliber than this one.

Many more photos available for interested parties.