View Single Post
Old 12-06-23, 06:43 PM
t2p

Bikes: Cannondale - Gary Fisher - Giant - Litespeed - Schwinn Paramount - Schwinn (lugged steel) - Trek OCLV

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1468 Post(s)
Liked 2,109 Times in 1,188 Posts

Originally Posted by SpedFast
I don't know your age or personal history, but at 74 I really enjoy night riding when the streets are almost deserted and the wild life is out foraging. I ride solo with some good lights and I think it's 'FUN;
I got into night off road riding in the early 90’s - late fall through early spring

( at the time there were basically two good light systems : Nightsun and then Niterider … with NiCad batteries that were actually fairly advanced at the time )

we typically rode two times per week - one night at the same location and most times rotated to a different location on the other night

when there was snow on the ground many then rode some of the parking garages in the urban areas but I did not join them

night off road riding is still one of the most fun things I’ve done - motorcycle and snowmobile riding included

enjoyed it so much it sparked the interest of some of the older members of our small road road riding group - guys in their late 60’s to early / mid 70’s - so they got lights to do night rides on some of the area paved bike paths and adjacent roads

they enjoyed it immensely - and I joined them a number of times

just recently got out the bike I used for a good part of that night riding - it was buried / shoehorned in the garage for 20+ years untouched … still has the lights installed and a set of 26 x 1 Specialized Turbos installed I tried for a short period before it was retired … hope to have it in better shape next year and put some miles on it

Last edited by t2p; 12-06-23 at 07:06 PM.
Likes For t2p: