Old 12-10-23, 07:07 PM
bikingshearer 
Crawlin' up, flyin' down

Bikes: 1967 Paramount; 1982-ish Ron Cooper; 1978 Eisentraut "A"; two mid-1960s Cinelli Speciale Corsas; and others in various stages of non-rideability.

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1056 Post(s)
Liked 2,608 Times in 1,087 Posts
Just rode down and back up the Orinda side of Wildcat this afternoon. The leaves are piling up in places and are still damp in others. More and more walkers on it, and they are not always very smart about it (spreading out over the entire width of the road - with dogs), so be alert. Not a problem if you are going uphill, but you cannot be certain on descents that the road will be obstacle-free around that next bend. I suggest dialing it back just a hair for everyone's safety. This is not to say it is unduly dangerous, just that there is a type of potential hazard that was not there when cars were on Wildcat Road. My guess is that particular hazard will disappear once it is repaired and reopened to cars.

And I am not intending this to devolve into a "people are stupid" rant (spoiler alert - they are; twas ever thus) or a discussion of what should be. It's an observation of the reality on what is now a big MUP - for good and for ill - so y'all can be forewarned and act as you see fit.