View Single Post
Old 12-11-23, 04:01 AM
Geepig

Bikes: Romet Jubilat x 4, Wigry x 1, Turing x 1

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked 205 Times in 151 Posts
Here is my Polish Romet Wigry, on a trip to visit my garage, which is some distance from where I live. Wigrys usually have 24 or 28 spoke wheels, but I swopped these wheels off another much later Polish bike to give me 3 gears as well as the coaster brake, as well as the seat.

Sadly I plan on changing the 2-piece crank off here as they no longer make these cranks, so I am going to replace them on several of my bikes with later 3-piece cranks.

This is my relatively rare Polish Romet Jubilat-Zenit. I have modified this bike a lot, and the changes keep happening to it. Here it has the seat from my other, 1970s Wigry as well as a homemade 'tank'.

You can see that I have already replaced the crank and BB on this one, and modified the frame to take a different front fork.

This house is a classic Polish country house that has recently been moved back from the edge of the road, and you can see the pale blue painted original wooden timber walls of the house. Our house is very similar, with the original blue boards signifying that unmarried women lived there, later painted white when they were all married, then timber clad like this one and now clad in polystyrene foam.
Likes For Geepig: