Thread: Missing spindle
View Single Post
Old 12-12-23, 06:48 PM
jonwvara 

Bikes: 1966 Dawes Double Blue, 1976 Raleigh Gran Sport, 1975 Raleigh Sprite 27, 1980 Univega Viva Sport, 1971 Gitane Tour de France, 1984 Lotus Classique, 1976 Motobecane Grand Record

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 766 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 352 Posts
Missing spindle

I spent a couple of hours cleaning up the shop and looking for a NOS 118mm Sugino spindle that I'm going to need when doing some work for a friend sometime after Christmas. It was in a quart-size ziplock bag full of other assorted spindles. I didn't find the main bag, but I did find a smaller bag containing only two spindles, one of which was, fortunately, the one I wanted. That was a stroke of luck! I made a mental note to put someplace where I wouldn't forget about it.

That was the day before yesterday. I went back into the shop today to put the spindle in a box with some other parts I'm planning to use on the same project.. But I now have no idea where the Sugino spindle could be. I I tore my hair a little bit and retraced my steps from Sunday as best I could, to no avail.

I am a little bit frustrated now. My guess is that it has somehow made its way into someone else's shop. If anyone sees the damn thing, let me know, okay?

"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long."
--Ogden Nash

Last edited by jonwvara; 12-12-23 at 06:49 PM. Reason: I prefer not to say
Likes For jonwvara: