Old 12-18-23, 06:23 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
Originally Posted by WGB
Not sure the exact model.
Has Columbus tubing for down tube, top top tube and seat tube.
Very comfortable rider. Originally purchased as a "winter beater" but it's a keeper!

Unfortunately it has an Italian threaded bottom bracket and while I'd like to change to a triple, I can't seem to find a correct length Italian threaded sealed bottom bracket or, alternatively, a correct spindle that'll fit a triple. Currently set up with a double but the spindle is very long (about a centimeter too far to the drive side) which is way to long.

Photo shows as acquired.

Seat is a now a BELT and wheels are now tubulars with a 40 hole rear. I still have the original Miele stamped wheels it came with that are shown in the photo.

Needs to have new bartape and a correctly colored bottle cage.

​​​​

Drive side crank is out way too far so this winter I'll find another spindle. It's too long for a double and too short for a triple.
You might want to open the bottom bracket and see if flipping the spindle around will bring the drive side crank arm closer to the frame. I've done that with success on a number of vintage bikes.

Cheers