View Single Post
Old 12-21-23, 09:34 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 5,083 Times in 3,137 Posts
Originally Posted by Chuck M
I almost always set mine at the posted limit or 5 over. But if I'm being passed so much that I have to check to make sure I'm not going well under the limit, I set it much higher and let the adaptive cruise control keep me with the rest of the traffic.

I think George Carlin may have had it right though, anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
I find that on motorways here (70 limit) 10% over generally puts you in the main traffic flow. It's adaptive of course, but I find that not many people risk going over 10% because of the many cameras. Some will drive in the mid 80s at around the limit where a fixed penalty applies. Above that and you are going to court, so that has pretty much stopped 100+ driving here. It's usually stolen cars you see at that speed.

On city roads (30 or even 20 limits) you get a ticket at 35 and drivers know it. 10% over avoids tickets and you generally won't get tailgated at that speed. Again cameras have tamed it all down. They are everywhere in the towns and cities.