View Single Post
Old 12-24-23, 09:06 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4605 Post(s)
Liked 5,145 Times in 3,179 Posts
Originally Posted by squirtdad
just for fun and to educate my self, I compared weight starting with the OP stated wheel set weights and using Vittoria Corsa Pro tubeless and tubular tire weights for 28 mm (2 tubeless and 3 tubular), adding 60 grams for sealant in 2 tires for the tuble (might be low but 30 ml per tire is what i used in tubed) and 26 grams for dyna plug kit, (and assume same pump,co2 etc setup)

I got 1700 gram for the tubeless and 1760 for tubular so 60 grams more with a spare for tubular. All said and done not significant for mere mortals (60 grams is a 1/6 cup of water)

of course this will vary between tire, rim and hub choice

I am glad I am not much of a weight weenie.....I weigh too much and am focusing on a) increasing fitness and b) weighing less. For me pushing it is 32 spoke mavic 330 tubular rims
That's cool, so nothing in it really. I'm not much of a weight weenie either. I think my wheelset is around 1500g ish on a sub 8 kg bike. Not super light, but not heavy enough to bother me on big mountain climbs. For me 1 kg of weight is worth about 45 sec per hour of pure climbing and next to nothing everywhere else.