View Single Post
Old 12-24-23, 04:06 PM
JoeyBike
20+mph Commuter

Bikes: Surly LHT, Surly Lowside, a folding bike, and a beater.

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1445 Post(s)
Liked 338 Times in 223 Posts
Originally Posted by gobicycling
There are a lot of club riders, who thoroughly enjoy that activity, on this forum. I know that there are those who enjoy riding more solo, or casual cycling, who don't say much in this forum. How about speaking up and telling us your experiences and what you enjoy and why? I bet at least half of this sub forum meets this definition. Thanks so much.
I worked retail most of my live from 15-55 with a few breaks. Dealing with the general public on a daily basis, for me, requires some "Me" time without conversation. As H.D. Thoreau wrote: "I've never met a companion so companionable as solitude". That said, I have enjoyed a handful of A++ cycling companions over the years in my 20s and 30s. They all got families, fat, and tired. So this just left me and my thoughts.

My mother used to tell people that I was the child most comfortable with himself she had ever come across. I agree. No second opinions, politics, compromises. Heaven.

One last note. I am a fairly strong cyclist. Not strong enough to keep up with the fastest groups, yet faster that the "B" groups. So on group rides I was alone anyway.

Last edited by JoeyBike; 12-27-23 at 10:53 PM.
Likes For JoeyBike: