Old 12-28-23, 05:41 AM
timtak

Bikes: Trek Madone 5.2 SL 2007, Look KG386, R022 Re-framed Azzurri Primo, Felt Z5, Trek F7.3 FX

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 73 Posts
I just bought a Cannondale Quick 4 as my bike for commuting on days with snow. It was only about 110 USD second hand. I did not notice that the fork is carbon, but indeed it is. As HazeT says the tyre size make a lot more difference to the vibration than the fork, and with a 35mm tire the effect of fork material is imho low. if you go for speedy, slick, thinner, high pressure tyres you may feel the difference, certainly on a road bike, but on a hybrid like the Cannondale Quick, the forks are really thick and robust so even in carbon I don't think they are not going to absorb much road buzz.

Carbon forks this (Cannondale Quick 4) size -- they are really chunky -- will last forever. I doubt many people need to replace carbon forks in any size due to wear. Carbon is strong.

I think carbon chain stays are a bit more fraught especially if you knock over your bike, or have heel rub.

I have broken the top tube of a carbon bike but only due to very very extreme misuse. I think that in general, carbon often lasts longer than the owner.

Last edited by timtak; 12-28-23 at 06:27 AM.