Old 01-02-24, 03:28 PM
Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3133 Post(s)
Liked 2,115 Times in 1,378 Posts
My 2023 commuting year was a dumpster fire on the back half but it's hard to be bitter about it. It's not out of my laziness or anyone else's deliberate interference. The causes were legit. In mid summer my older boy got kicked out of his summer school, which put me in a work-from-home mode. We barely got established in the 23-24 school year when we left for a huge vacation in September to Europe for our 10th wedding anniversary - during which my younger boy had mysterious declining health. We brought him home to a diagnosis of B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. He's strong and has tolerated every treatment with health and cheer, which keeps me optimistic. But he spent most of October in the hospital. Now he's the one who is home all the time, and he has frequent trips to the chemo clinic. He's in a lighter phase right now but it will have its second crescendo in February. I might get a few laps in, but it's not a priority.

@campfire Safety bicycles are much less than 200 years old so I declare any bike is from this millennium (of bikes). It's funny how "before the turn of the century" is changing in value. I hear tales from teacher friends about little kids asking what it was like in the "late nineteen hundreds."
Genesis 49:16-17