Thread: Spouses
View Single Post
Old 01-05-24, 09:16 AM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1258 Post(s)
Liked 768 Times in 568 Posts
My bride of more than 5 decades used to casually ride with me, do some whitewater canoeing, go backpacking and so on. She was never into any of it to the same degree as I was, but we both enjoyed the activities. These days she doesn't do any of those and says her biking days are over. I did get her out on the lake in a canoe last year and we plan to do some travel with some "camping" in the upcoming years. Camping is in quotes because her currrent definition of camping requires an available toilet or at the very least a chemical potty. She has had recent health issues and is improving after getting a pacemaker defibrillator. We also have a dog that is old enough to require a lot of attention and assistance and is hard to travel with. So travelling will likely wait until the pooch passes. We used to have a VW campmobile and she loved that so some kind of van or pickup based camper may be in our future. She is supportive of going scenic places and hanging out and enjoying the scenery if I go MTBing. I am inclined to get out at the crack of dawn to ride and she likes to sleep in so I typically am not even missed when I ride.