View Single Post
Old 01-06-24, 12:45 PM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2375 Post(s)
Liked 2,904 Times in 1,583 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
I have something that looks exactly like this and I hate it, messy and gets everywhere. Maybe it’s just old.

at this point I’m happy with the repair (25 miles) and am not going to take the tube out unless it goes flat. Don’t fix what isn’t broken.

The plan is to put another couple hundred miles on it to convince myself that it holds and then crank it up to 60 psi and see how it works there. I’m thinking about it more, and high pressure might help the nitrile glove seal. I bet it’s doing the heavy lifting not the tape, it’s a nice brand of gloves.

it will most likely fail eventually (maybe if the glove shifts), but it’s a good science experiment. It’s the back tire so no safety concern
As Spock might say: Illogical it is still broken as that makeshift patch is not a really a patch. Not taking tube out and fixing properly is asking for trouble.